Saturday, March 27, 2010

Kindermusik!

I'm going to be a KinderMusik teacher!  Hooray!!

I've been considering getting my license for KinderMusik for some time now.  I have many friends that teach who have been telling me for years about how wonderful it is and how much I would enjoy the program.  Over Spring Break I did a lot of reading up on it and checking out the materials on their website.  I noticed that one of the teachers listed in my area on the website was looking to hire in the next 6 months.  On a whim I emailed her on Friday of Spring Break just telling her that I was interested and sent her a short version of my resume.  In just a few short hours I got an email back asking if we could meet that Saturday!  Well we met and I now have a job (provided that I finish my certification requirements by this summer)!  The sweet lady I'll be teaching for is amazing!  She's a past president of the KinderMusik Educators Association, helped write the training curriculum for teachers, and has been mentoring new KinderMusik teachers for years!  I couldn't have fallen into a better situation to start learning about KinderMusik.  Plus, she's just a genuinely sweet person and she has a huge passion for instilling a love of music in children.  She's exactly the kind of person I would want to work with! 

I don't know which of her facilities I'll be teaching at, but it will most likely be two or three around the north part of the Metroplex.  We're even looking into starting a program here in Providence Village - which would be fantastic!  Now, all I have to do is wait for my next paycheck, order my training materials, and get started!  It shouldn't take me any more than 8 weeks, which will be perfect timing to be ready for summer classes.  The great thing is, this is something that I can continue even once the next school year begins since I can offer my classes on week nights or on Saturday mornings!

I don't know how or why I keep getting blessed with all of these wonderful teaching opportunities out here, but I am oh so thankful!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...