Sunday, February 13, 2011

A-MAZ-ING!

This week Brandon and I were blessed to get to hear some absolutely amazing music made by some of the kindest and most awesome people around!  Let me just say, I love the Swingle Singers!  Talk about some phenomenal music!  They are, I believe, the original a cappella vocal jazz group (the original group even predates The King's Singers by a few years), and are most certainly the best at what they do!  What is really great, though, is to know what genuine, humble, and down-to-earth people they are.  We were fortunate enough to spend a little time with them while we were in San Antonio for TMEA this last week.  If you ever have the chance to see them perform - TAKE IT!  Drive however far you need to drive, pay whatever you can for a ticket, and go see them!!  Trust me, you'll love it!

(BTW - Alabama friends, they will be at UAB on March 4!  Don't miss it!)

Here is a live performance of their Flight of the Bumblebee (yes, the one you hear on Glee!).



Good music is always that much sweeter when you know it's coming from the heart.  Here are the girls of the Swingle Singers singing Amazing Grace.  This may now be my favorite recording of this hymn.






This week's TMEA has certainly been the best to-date for me.  From the great music, to meeting these new friends, spending some much needed time catching up with old friends, and of course, getting some great new ideas and materials for my classroom, I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend these last four days.  It's been a true blessing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...