Sunday, September 6, 2009

Images

Well, yesterday we finally got to meet little Miss Piper Grace Baker.  She is the sweet, tiny, 3 week old daughter of our good friends Eric and Emily.  It's been a while (I guess about a year and 4 months, right Carrie?) since I've held a baby that little.  She is so precious!  I could sit all day and watch her make faces (she is definitely trying to test every muscle God gave her in that tiny face!) and feel her soft baby skin.  There are few things better in this world, I'm convinced.  It's so amazing to me to know two people like Eric and Emily, to be so familiar with their expressions and their reactions, and then see that mirrored in their daughter.  I could look at Piper and be convinced that she looks exactly like her beautiful mother, and then in an instant see Eric all over her.   She is made in their image - not an exact copy, but a unique representation of her mother and father.  Much like, I believe, we are made in the image of our heavenly Father.  What a beautiful and tangible example of that He has given us!

It was so wonderful to catch up with Emily and Eric (we used to see them nearly every day when we were neighbors in Odessa) and love all over their sweet little Piper, though I have to say that the highlight of the visit for me was watching Brandon hold Piper.  As far as he can remember, he has never held a baby at all (no matter what age).  It was so sweet to see tiny little Piper cradled in his arm, even if it was for only a minute or two.  For it to be his first time, I have to say he looked pretty natural.  One day, I imagine, it will be our own child cradled there.  Not that that will be anytime soon, mind you.  But one day . . .

2 comments:

Carrie said...

so so sweet! Time flies! I remember when you first held LK ;-)

Emily Baker said...

Yea! What a sweet blog! Thank you!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...