Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

On this day two years ago, the love of my life suprised me by showing up in Fayette, Alabama on Christmas morning to ask me a very important question.  I said yes.  Today, we have been happily married for over a year and are the proud parents of a sweet, fuzzy Gizmo puppy.  I can easily say that these have been the happiest two years of my life.  I am overwhelmed by the blessings God has given our little family.

We've been in Alabama for almost a week now visiting my family and part of Brandon's.  We got in early early early last Saturday morning (around 2:30 am).  We spent Saturday driving to Decatur and then Huntsville for my dad's big family get-togethers.  On Sunday we went to Hanceville for my mom's family Christmas.  It was so great to see all of my cousins (most of whom we haven't seen since our wedding).  We had so much fun being together again. 

On Monday we drove down to LA (lower Alabama) to Dothan so we could spend some time with Brandon's dad, his step-mom Eloise, and her mom Joyce.  We had a great time visiting with them (although I wish we could have stayed even longer).  Gizmo loved getting to spend time with his Mimi.  :)  Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures from our trip down there, but I think Eloise got some good ones.  I'll have to post those later.

We got back to Fayette on Wednesday night and have thoroughly enjoyed our time here.  Last night we got to attend my family's church for a beautiful Christmas Eve service, then started our family Christmas tradition.  We came home, had dinner, then opened family presents.  Then this morning, we watched Jonathan and Anna open Santa presents and we all went through our stockings.  I have to say that Gizmo and DC (my family's adorable dachshund) racked up.  :)  Today has been a very relaxing day.  It couldn't have been a better Christmas. 

On Monday, we will head back to Texas and have more Christmas with Brandon's mom and that part of the family.  For those of you who we missed today, we give you our love.  I hope you have all had a very merry Christmas.  May God bless us, everyone. 

Love,
Brandon, Melanie, and Gizmo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...