Saturday, January 29, 2011

Sunshine

If you can't tell, I love mornings! Mornings are fresh, invigorating, and exciting! I especially love rare mornings like these where I can make my own agenda.

Item #1 - Relax in bed (note - that does not mean sleep in. I've never been able to do that). There's something delicious about being awake, in bed, while the sun is up. It's a luxury I don't usually have so this morning I'm taking full advantage.

I don't know if I'd say I'm a morning person though. This school year, where I've had to get up at 5 and leave just after 6 has been hard. It doesn't help that even after my 40+ minute commute, the sun still has not come up.

I'm not a night person either. I start getting droopy-eyed not long after dark (whether that's 5:30 or 9:30). I'm a terrible party guest (was never even into the party scene in college). I always miss the end of football games (even the few that I care to see!) and most nights I'll fall asleep on the couch long before Brandon is ready to go to bed.

I think, instead, I'm a sunshine person. I have to have sunlight (heaven help me if Brandon ever gets a job in Alaska!). If I had it my way, my days would start at sunrise and end at sundown. I have an extreme dislike of daylight savings time because it means the sun comes up even later in the day. My favorite part of my house is our big windows. My least favorite part of our house (aside from the shared pantry/laundry room - I don't ever want that again btw) is the fact that the front of our house gets zero direct sunlight in the winter. I just need sunshine. Period. I'm a sunshine person.

Hey, I could think of a lot worse things to be. :)





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comments:

Shelley Potter said...

I'm a sunshine person, too! But sometimes sunshine makes me really homesick for Tuscaloosa because I start missing walking around campus, pretending to do homework or study on the quad, or taking a blanket and a book to the river walk for an afternoon :)

But I DEFINITELY need sunshine to feel awake and be productive :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...