Saturday, February 5, 2011

Dish Towel Aprons!

 I'm so excited!  This morning I woke up to find an email I've been waiting on for a while now - my invitation to join the Pinterest community - a great web tool where you can "pin" (and link) pictures and ideas that interest you (pin your interests = pinterest!  Get it?)!  But, more on that later. 

Because of my new Pinterest account, I've been reviewing some of my blogs over the last year and realized I never got to post about my first sewing endeavors last summer!  So here ya go.

Last Christmas (2009), Brandon gave me a sewing machine - something I had been wanting for a long time.  Between teaching, earning my Kindermusik license, and finishing my Kodaly homework for the year, I didn't have the chance to start using it until my summer break began.  My first project was inspired by a picture I found in a magazine (maybe Southern Living - I wish I could remember).  I had no pattern, just a little help from the sweet old lady in the Hobby Lobby sewing department.  Here are some pictures of my first creations - dish towel aprons!

Dish towels - $1 at WalMart, Fabric and thread - Hobby Lobby

The first one!

Close-up

Wearing it!




 I was only able to finish two of the three last summer, and unfortunately haven't had the time to finish the third yet.  Hopefully I will have more time this summer to get these and more done. 


I also attempted to make a child-sized version for my friend Emily's sweet little one year old, Piper.  It's still a little big for her, I think.  There are lots of things I need to fix with this pattern, but I think it's a good start.



Piper's pint-sized apron

1 comments:

Carrie said...

I WANT ONE!!!! PLEASE? and one for LK too!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...